120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• Define human sexuality across the lifespan and increase understanding of different types of intimate relationships
• Examine the importance of talking about human sexuality in the context of any healthcare setting
• Explore personal and professional values related to human sexuality and relationships
• Identify top tips including how to build confidence to talk about sexuality, skills for history taking, answering questions, and providing resources
• Apply top tips through a case study and participate in a Q and A session
Not sure how to talk with patients and clients about sexuality? Do you feel a bit flummoxed or like you are encroaching a boundary that shouldn’t be breached? We are all sexual beings from birth to death and sexuality is not just about having sex. In this webinar, our presenters, two experienced sexual health educators, will share top tips on talking with clients about sexuality. You’ll learn how to make human sexuality a part of your professional practice, no matter your clinical practice setting.
Who Should Attend?:
• Nurses, Physicians, Psychologists & Health Care Professionals in All Direct Care Settings
• Staff working in outpatient settings such as Harm Reduction and Public Health
• Emergency Department Staff, Critical Care staff, Pediatric Staff, Maternal Child
• Staff in Mental Health and Addictions – Adult and Adolescent
• Med-Surg and Long term and continuing care staff
• Social Workers, Psychologists, OT’s, PT’s; Occupational Health Nurses
• Leaders, Managers & Educators
Tammy Troute-Wood, RN, MN
Tammy Troute-Wood (She/Her/Hers) is a sexual and reproductive health specialist in Calgary, Alberta. Tammy is on the board of directors for the Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health (ASPSH) and has been an instructor with the University of Alberta and University of Lethbridge. In 2015, Tammy was profiled as a healthcare provider making a difference by Action Canada for Sexual Health & Rights. As a skilled clinician and educator, Tammy brings 20 years of experience to health professionals wanting to update their knowledge and skills to provide affirming care for LGBTQ2S+ people.
Heather Cobb, BSc., PGCE (UK)
Heather Cobb (She/Her/Hers) is a sexual health promotion facilitator in Calgary. As a trained teacher and community educator Heather works with children, families and professionals to teach about healthy sexuality and relationships. Heather has been educating in Calgary for over 20 years and has practiced within health and education settings including the Calgary Board of Education, University of Alberta and University of Calgary. Since 2010, Heather has held the role of President of the Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health (ASPSH), advocating for sexual well-being across the lifespan.