Monday, October 3, 2022
0900 PT | 1000 MT/SK | 1100 CT | 1200 ET | 1300 AT
120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The live webinar event if registering prior to commencement
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
At the conclusion of the presentation learners will be able to:
1. Understand the uniqueness and relevance of Gottman’s empirical research on relationships
2. Understand what constitutes the “Masters and Disasters” of Marriage
3. Understand the importance of number of positive vs negative interactions between couples.
4. Understand what “bids” are; why they are important, and how bids build trust.
5. Review the common myths of marriage
6. Understand patters of problems and conflict in marriage; which communication patterns are accurate predictors of divorce; antidotes
7. Keys to improving marriages and relationships
Every couple struggles in their relationship or marriage from time to time. However, whether you are dealing with your own relationship, or are counselling couples and families, there are some signs that are important predictors of the future of the relationship. In this webinar, therapist Sandra Reich will not only discuss Gottman’s important empirical research on relationships and the revelations it held, but she will also draw on her experiences in couples counselling and from her couples’ retreats. Join us for this great webinar on identifying problem areas in relationships, how to improve communication and trust; break problematic patterns; reduce conflict and identify some key actions that can improve relationships and marriage.
Who Should Attend?:
• All individuals wanting to gain a deeper understanding about what makes relationship work or fail
• Nurses, Physicians, Psychologists, Therapists, Mental Health Nurses
• Primary Care Physicians & Nurses; MH Staff in Community Settings
• Social Workers Occupational and Recreational Therapists,
• Dietitians, Pharmacists, Allied Health Care Professionals
• Occupational Health Nurses, Crisis Staff in Mental Health Settings
Sandra Reich, M.Ed
Sandra Reich is the Founder and Clinical director of the Montreal Center for Anxiety and Depression, Co- Director of Empowered Women Workshops, Co-Director of Anxiety Videos and Founder of Sandra Reich Couple Retreats. She is a bestselling author of a self-help book called “Once upon a Time…How Cinderella Grew Up and Became a Happy Empowered Woman”
Sandra’s expertise has been featured on many radio and television shows including Discovery Health, Global TV, Breakfast Television, APTN, and recently on Celebrity Damage Control” which is currently airing on The Oprah Network (OWN). She is a regular guest on The Dr Laurie Betito show on CJAD as an expert on the “Therapist’s panel” and speaks across Canada on how to treat anxiety, depression, emotional intelligence, as well as how to live your very best life.