Tuesday, September 29, 2020
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
The Bipolar Spectrum And Medications
• Medicating Bipolar Disorder; Current “Gold Standard” Treatment And Side Effects
• Anticonvulsant and Antipsychotic Use in Bipolar Disorder; Anticonvulsant Side Effects
• Risks Of Medication Non-compliance
• What’s New And What’s Controversial Concepts In Treating Bipolar Spectrum
The Many Faces Of Anxiety
• How Effective Is Medicating Anxiety? Benzodiazepines; Non-benzodiazepines
• Using Anxiolytics Safely; Side Effects of Anxiolytics; Medications to Treat Insomnia
Dr. Tobia is known for using films as case-based examples in his lectures. Having a familiarity with the film is not essential, and pre-watching is optional.
Field of Dreams (1989, Drama, Fantasy)
In this series of webinars, we’ll identify the best pharmacological approaches for your clients with mental health and mood disorders; and identify treatment concerns with inappropriate meds or inadequate medication doses. We’ll also discuss helping clients manage unpleasant side effects; strategies to increase medication adherence; and what the latest trends are in the management of Depression, Bipolar, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, ADHD, & Alzheimer’s.
Who Should Attend?:
• Physicians, Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Therapists
• Social Workers & Allied Professional Staff in Psychiatric settings
• Primary Care Physicians & Nurses; MH Staff in Community Settings
• Intake & Frontline Staff; Mental Health Managers and Educators
• Mental Health Nurses and Staff in Correctional & Forensic Settings
• Nurses in Pediatric Mental Health and Psychogeriatric Settings
Dr. Anthony Tobia, MD
Having trained in a dual residency in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry at West Virginia University, Dr. Tobia currently holds titles of Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Dr. Tobia has dual appointments in the Division of General Internal Medicine and Department of Psychiatry where he serves as the Vice Chair of Education. Dr. Tobia is also certificated by the Board of Psychosomatic Medicine (2010) and is currently the Director of the Division of Consultation Psychiatry at Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Health in New Brunswick, NJ.
Dr. Tobia’s educational interests include the merging of popular culture and the field of Psychiatry. In addition to the curriculum he developed at RWJMS, he directs the monthly Participatory Cinema at the Rutgers Center of Alcohol Studies; is a blogger for Psychology Today; hosts a continuing education webpage on MyCME; and provides a psychopharmacology seminar series for PESI, Inc. His various innovative teaching approaches including six that are registered in the Office of Research Commercialization at Rutgers University.