135 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
Transgender Health 101
• Gender Dynamic People Including Non-Binary & Non-Conforming Identities
• Transition Basics: Social, Medical, and Surgical
• Health Considerations of Gender Affirming Gear
Allyship in Action: Bringing it All Together
• What is an Ally?
• Examining Sphere of Influence
• Identifying Opportunities to Improve Systems
The past several years has been a significant time of social and cultural change, including increasing awareness of the health needs of sexual and gender minority people. As education curriculums have not always kept up with the evolving understanding of sexual orientation and gender identity, this workshop will provide essential information to provide good care for all people. Participants will leave with practical information that can be implemented in every care environment.
Who Should Attend?:
• All Health Professionals in Care & Consultative Settings in Acute, Community, Mental Health, Primary, & Continuing Care
• Nurses, Medical Staff, Social Workers, Psychologists, Pharmacists, Dietitians, OTs, PTs, RTs
• Educators, Clinicians, & Managers
Tammy Troute-Wood, RN, MN
Tammy Troute-Wood (She/Hers) is a sexual and reproductive health specialist in Calgary, Alberta. Tammy is on the board of directors for the Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health (ASPSH) and has been an instructor with the University of Alberta and University of Lethbridge. In 2015, Tammy was profiled as a healthcare provider making a difference by Action Canada for Sexual Health & Rights. As a skilled clinician and educator, Tammy brings 20 years of experience to health professionals wanting to update their knowledge and skills to provide affirming care for LGBTQ2S+ people.