Thursday, April 22, 2021
0900 PT | 1000 MT/SK | 1100 CT | 1200 ET | 1300 AT
120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The live webinar event if registering prior to commencement
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
1. Identify your role in patient safety.
2. Identify and evaluate current patient safety risks and risk mitigation strategies.
3. Understand the legal processes if a lawsuit is filed.
4. Learn how to mitigate your risks to keep you and your patients safer.
Recent years have witnessed a growing number of lawsuits aimed at seeking remedies for lapses in patient safety. Healthcare providers owe a legal duty of care to their patients. Patients trust that caregivers have a duty to act in a patient’s best interests. When concerns about patient safety arise, healthcare providers must show they acted with a degree of care and skill. What are the patient safety risks in your setting? How can you minimize them? When might you be liable and what can you do if a legal process is initiated? Join Rosemarie Enokson, RN, BScN, our legal nurse consultant for this very important and timely webinar.
Who Should Attend?:
• Regulated Health Care Providers, especially Nurses
• Risk, Quality and Patient Safety Managers
• Healthcare Managers, Educators
Rosemarie Enokson, RN, BScN
Rosemarie Enokson is a Legal Nurse Consultant with 30 years of nursing experience in neurosurgery, medicine, flight nursing and as a clinical educator in the emergency department for 14 years. She owns Chinook Legal Nurse Consulting providing medical/legal education to health care professionals and nursing expertise to lawyers involved in medical malpractice. Rosemarie has reviewed over 95 medical/legal matters and mentored/reviewed hundreds more. She has spoken at numerous nursing conferences regarding emergency and medical-legal matters. Currently Rosemarie is a Clinical Manager with Alberta Health Services with Health Link.