120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
At the conclusion of the presentation learners will be able to
1. Identify and review the protections mechanisms of the gut.
2. Identify the incidence, impact and other factors in the IBS “landscape” in Canada
3. Review what the risk factor are to developing IBS
4. Discuss what lifestyle mechanisms and factors best help people suffering from IBS
5. Discuss some cutting edge Health Canada approved medications for IBS
Abdominal pain. Bloating. Change in consistency of bowel movements. Rushing to find a washroom. Missed work. Symptoms for years. Nothing seems to make it better.
“Why does my belly hurt, Doc?” This is the plight of those who suffer with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, an illness whose causes may well be multi-factorial, from infection, hypersensitivity, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, food sensitivity, genetic factors and stress. The question is: how do we help these clients? They can be negatively impacted for years and completely run-down by the negative effects on their quality of life.Nurses and allied health professionals can play a major role in helping IBS patients.
Please join Dr. Christian Turbide, a gastroenterologist from the University of Calgary, whose special interest in this area has advanced our knowledge on the topic. Dr. Turbide will discuss the relevant physiology, the IBS “landscape” in Canada, risk factors, cutting edge Health Canada approved medications, and lifestyle modifications that help ameliorate symptoms. This is an essential webinar for nurses, dietitians, and other health care professionals who work in primary care, GI clinics, endoscopy settings, medical surgical settings, occupational health, tele-health, disability, and in chronic disease.
• Primary Care, Endoscopy, Medical Surgical, GI Clinic, and Emergency Nurses
• Dietitians, Nurses & Allied Health Professionals in Chronic Disease settings
• Occupational Health, Tele-health and Outpost Nurses
• Nurse Clinicians & Clinical Nurse Specialists in GI and Med Surg Settings
• Managers & Educators