120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• Pulmonary artery catheters—what do they really do?
• Normal and abnormal waveforms
• Dynamic measures of measuring fluid responsiveness
• Emerging technologies revealed: Pulse pressure variation, systolic pressure variation, pulse contour analysis, IVC ultrasound, transpulmonary thermodilution, esophageal doppler, & thoracic bioimpedance
This specialized workshop is exclusively for staff who work in critical care settings where there is a need to understand hemodynamic concepts and work with hemodynamic monitoring in order to optimize clinical outcomes for the patient. The ultimate goal of hemodynamic monitoring is adequate tissue perfusion. We’ll explore: cardiac output, hemodynamic assessment, waveform analysis; and management of fluid status and pharmacological interventions. Case Studies will be used to enhance learning.
Who Should Attend?:
** This webinar is exclusively for staff in critical settings who currently work with hemodynamic monitoring **
• RNs, Nurse Clinicians, Advanced Practise Nurses, Nurse Educators, Perfusionists, & Medical Interns in all Critical Care settings
• ICU, CCU, CVICU, Cath Lab, Trauma & Surgical ICU Nurses
• Selected Staff in Surgical Suite & Post Anaesthetic Settings
• Experienced Nurses Planning to Seek Careers in Critical Care Settings
Christopher Coltman, RN, BScN
Christopher Coltman, a graduate of the UofA Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, has been engaged in cardiac and cardiovascular surgical nursing for over 25 years. He has worked in a variety or settings and countries, including Montreal, London (England) and in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He has extensive experience in the area of acute coronary syndrome, heart failure and cardiovascular surgery. Chris is well known as an excellent teacher, having over 17 years of teaching experience, and has taught a number of sessions on a variety of topics where his passion for teaching and cardiac care shows. He is currently the Clinical Nurse Educator in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit at the Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary.