120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
Safe use of Medications when Needed:
• Memory Meds, Mood Stabilizers, Antipsychotics
• Antidepressants and Anti-Apathetics
• Anxiolytics; Dealing with Insomnia
Caregiver Stress & Other Issues
• Physical, Psychological, & Emotional Stress
• Identify Caregiver Burnout and Ways to Help; Assist the Caregiver
• Ways to Identify Potential Falls and Prevent Injury
• Ways to Avoid Using Restraints
Even experienced healthcare professionals can be challenged working with cognitively-impaired geriatric patients. These webinars will give you proven strategies to manage behaviours such as: dementia, aggression, anxiety, depression, refusal of food and fluids, inappropriate sexual advances, and refusal to give up driving when unsafe. If older adults are routinely under your care, this program will help minimize the risks of problems associated with troublesome, often irrational behaviour and you’ll gain valuable insights into the causes of challenging behaviours and be able to apply innovative and practical strategies.
Who Should Attend?:
• All professional Staff Who Work With Geriatric Clients in Acute, Long Term, Ambulatory, & Community Settings
• Home Health Care Staff, Geriatric Day Staff
• Nurse, Physicians, Residents, Interns, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Recreational Therapists
• Social Workers, Dietitians, Pharmacists
• Managers, Educators, Geriatric Nurse Practitioners in Geriatric Settings.
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS, is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant specializing in Geriatric Internal Medicine. He practices medicine in the greater Minneapolis area. In addition to his private practice, he has been on the faculty at the University of Utah since 1994 and involved in medicine for over 30 years. Steven is the co-founder and co-owner of Twin Cities Physicians, which serves older adults in nearly all levels of their care. He has presented internationally for over 15 years, primarily speaking about geriatric-related syndromes. Steven is a published author and sits on several boards whose purpose is to elevate the level of care in medicine for the patients they serve. Steven has been described as a “dynamic” educator and one of the most engaging presenters around. Don’t miss him!