120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• What is family estrangement?
• What tends to lead to family estrangement?
• What are the pathways to reconciliation?
• Exploring the role of forgiveness in estrangement
• The role of boundaries in both reconciliation and immunization for estrangement
One of life’s most painful experiences can be estrangement from a family member. What the research has shown on this topic is that not only is it devastating to the individuals directly involved, but that there can be significant collateral damage that can grow across related family groups and across generations. In addition, there can be health implications for those affected by the estrangement. This webinar will discuss how estrangement begins, how it impacts all sides, and what the research says about how families find paths to reconciliation, tools they can use, and what the role of forgiveness and boundaries play in the process.
Who Should Attend?:
• Physicians, Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses,Therapists
• Primary Care Physicians & Nurses; MH Staff in Community Settings
• Social Workers Occupational and Recreational Therapists
• Intake & Frontline Staff; Mental Health Managers and Educators
• Mental Health Staff in Adolescent Settings; Staff in Sexual Health Settings
• Occupational Health Nurses, Crisis Staff in Mental Health Settings
Sandra Reich, M.Ed
Sandra Reich is the Founder and Clinical director of the Montreal Center for Anxiety and Depression, Co- Director of Empowered Women Workshops, Co-Director of Anxiety Videos and Founder of Sandra Reich Couple Retreats. She is a bestselling author of a self-help book called “Once upon a Time…How Cinderella Grew Up and Became a Happy Empowered Woman”
Sandra’s expertise has been featured on many radio and television shows including Discovery Health, Global TV, Breakfast Television, APTN, and recently on Celebrity Damage Control” which is currently airing on The Oprah Network (OWN). She is a regular guest on The Dr Laurie Betito show on CJAD as an expert on the “Therapist’s panel” and speaks across Canada on how to treat anxiety, depression, emotional intelligence, as well as how to live your very best life.