90 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• Discuss environmental techniques to diminish challenging behavioural problems.
• Identify how cognitive impairment in older individuals is affected by environment
• Simple non-pharmacological strategies to improve behavioural outcomes in Geriatrics
With no available pharmacologic treatments to eradicate symptoms of dementia, professionals and families need non-pharmacologic interventions to enhance individuals’ quality-of-life and decrease the number and intensity of dementia-related behavioural symptoms. This webinar provides an overview of available evidence-based non-pharmacologic interventions with an emphasis on environmental strategies.
Who Should Attend?:
• Nurses Who Work With Geriatric Clients in Acute, Long Term, Ambulatory, & Community Settings
• Home Health Care Staff, Geriatric Day Staff
• Nurses in Transition Care, Mental Health Nurses, Neurology Nurses
• Physician Assistants, Medical Social Workers, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS, is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant specializing in Geriatric Internal Medicine. He practices medicine in the greater Minneapolis area. In addition to his private practice, he has been on the faculty at the University of Utah since 1994 and involved in medicine for over 30 years. Steven is the co-founder and co-owner of Twin Cities Physicians, which serves older adults in nearly all levels of their care. He has presented internationally for over 15 years, primarily speaking about geriatric-related syndromes. Steven is a published author and sits on several boards whose purpose is to elevate the level of care in medicine for the patients they serve. Steven has been described as a “dynamic” educator and one of the most engaging presenters around. Don’t miss him!