90 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• Identify the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
• List appropriate diagnostic tests to achieve accurate diagnosis.
• Devise interventions that are effective and promote positive communication between staff, family & the older adult.
Distinguishing the various types of dementia is often difficult. Clients can exhibit a broad range of symptoms which can overlap with other age-related disorders. This webinar provides tools to appropriately assess patients experiencing dementia, and highlights the clinical difference between the various types.
Who Should Attend?:
• Nurses Who Work With Geriatric Clients in Acute, Long Term, Ambulatory, & Community Settings
• Home Health Care Staff, Geriatric Day Staff
• Nurses in Transition Care, Mental Health Nurses, Neurology Nurses
• Physician Assistants, Medical Social Workers, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS, is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant specializing in Geriatric Internal Medicine. He practices medicine in the greater Minneapolis area. In addition to his private practice, he has been on the faculty at the University of Utah since 1994 and involved in medicine for over 30 years. Steven is the co-founder and co-owner of Twin Cities Physicians, which serves older adults in nearly all levels of their care. He has presented internationally for over 15 years, primarily speaking about geriatric-related syndromes. Steven is a published author and sits on several boards whose purpose is to elevate the level of care in medicine for the patients they serve. Steven has been described as a “dynamic” educator and one of the most engaging presenters around. Don’t miss him!