120 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• Review the pathophysiology of Inflammatory Polyarthritis
• Discuss the clinical presentation and diagnostic criteria of
• Discuss the current treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Discuss the challenge of Differential Diagnoses in Inflammatory Polyarthritis
• Discuss differentiating RA from: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Psoriatic Polyarthritis,
• Discuss differentiating RA from: viral causes of polyarthritis including parvovirus, hepatitis B & C virus, alphaviruses (Chikungunya virus), Lyme disease arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, reactive arthritis :
• Discuss differentiating RA from: arthritis of inflammatory bowel disease, Sjögren’s syndrome, dermatomyositis (DM), or overlap syndromes such as mixed connective tissue disease
• Review differentiating RA from: Osteoarthritis in middle aged and older patients.
This 2-hour webinar will primarily focus on rheumatoid arthritis (RA)—the clinical presentation, the diagnostic criteria, and the current treatment. However, ruling out other causes of inflammatory polyarthritis can be challenging and is important when making the diagnosis of RA. Barb will discuss the differential diagnoses—including systemic lupus erythematosus, psoriatic polyarthritis, viral causes of polyarthritis including parvovirus, hepatitis B & C virus, alphaviruses (Chikungunya virus), Lyme disease arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, reactive arthritis and arthritis of inflammatory bowel disease, Sjögren’s syndrome, dermatomyositis (DM), or overlap syndromes such as mixed connective tissue disease. Even osteoarthritis can be confused with rheumatoid arthritis in middle-aged and older patients. So, if you have patients and clients with aching, painful joints, join Barb for a thorough update on the causes and treatment—focusing on rheumatoid arthritis.
Who Should Attend?:
• Nurses & Health Care Professionals in Medicine, Immunology, Chronic Disease, Rehabilitation and Geriatric settings.
• Nurse Practitioners, Home Care Nurses & Transition Coordinators, Chronic disease Specialists in Primary and Community Care
• Pharmacists, PT’s, OT’s, RT’s
• Occupational Health Nurses, Tele-Health Managers, Educators
Barb Bancroft, RN, MSN, PNP
Barb Bancroft is a widely acclaimed nursing teacher who has taught courses on Advanced Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and Physical Assessment to both graduate and undergraduate students. Also certified as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, she has held faculty positions at the University of Virginia, the University of Arkansas, Loyola University of Chicago, and St. Xavier University of Chicago. Barb is known for her extensive knowledge of pathophysiology and as one of the most dynamic nursing speakers in North America today. Delivering her material with equal parts of evidence based practise, practical application, and humour, she has taught numerous seminars on clinical and health maintenance topics to healthcare professionals, including the Association for Practitioners for Infection Control, The Emergency Nurses’ Association, the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, and more.