120 minutes including a Q&A
• The on-demand recording to watch later at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• A certificate of completion
1. Review the Assessment & Treatment Options for Depression
2. Review the choice and outcomes of Psychotherapy vs. Medication
3. Review Relational Factors & different male/female manifestations of Depression
4. Identify Distorted Thinking; Identify Cognitive Restructuring Techniques
5. How Compassion Fatigue Plays a Role; What is Resilience?
Anxiety and Depression are two of the most widely reported disorders in Canada. This workshop will help health care providers who do not work in mental health settings, tell the difference between anxiety and depression; identify the signs, symptoms and gender differences. We’ll also cover therapies and treatments that will help inform you to support the patient or client while they are being referred for treatment to the right mental health professional. On the flip side, as caregivers, we can be especially vulnerable to giving too much, resulting in the self-effacement of their own needs. Join Sandra Reich M.Ed for this amazingly informative series on anxiety, depression, how to avoid typical caregiver traps and some much needed tips empowering yourself in your practise.
Who Should Attend?:
• All Health Care Personnel in Acute, Long Term, Home and Primary Settings
• New Mental Health Care Staff
• Managers, Educators, Occupational Health Staff
• Allied Professionals in Social Services Settings
Sandra Reich, M.Ed
Sandra Reich is the Founder and Clinical director of the Montreal Center for Anxiety and Depression, Co- Director of Empowered Women Workshops, Co-Director of Anxiety Videos and Founder of Sandra Reich Couple Retreats. She is a bestselling author of a self-help book called “Once upon a Time…How Cinderella Grew Up and Became a Happy Empowered Woman”
Sandra’s expertise has been featured on many radio and television shows including Discovery Health, Global TV, Breakfast Television, APTN, and recently on Celebrity Damage Control” which is currently airing on The Oprah Network (OWN). She is a regular guest on The Dr Laurie Betito show on CJAD as an expert on the “Therapist’s Panel” and speaks across Canada on how to treat anxiety, depression, emotional intelligence, as well as how to live your very best life.