90 minutes including a Q&A
• A certificate of completion
• The on-demand recording to watch at your convenience
• A handout in PDF format for viewing or self-printing
• To explore how COVID-19 media coverage has impacted client’s mental health and addiction issues
• To discuss how public health prevention and re-opening measures have impacted client’s mental health and addiction issues
• To examine how economic downturns affect clients with mental health and addiction issues
• To discuss the unique stressors that COVID-19 has generated
• To learn coping strategies that are tailored to clients during this unique time.
This webinar will examine the impact that COVID -19 has had on our clients mental health and addictions. Both traditional and social media has had a hyperfocus on the medical aspects of COVID -19, much to the exclusion of mental health responses to the tremendous upheaval the pandemic has caused in personal lives. The impact that pandemic preventative measures have had on clients will be discussed. And, finally, coping strategies specifically for clients with mental Health and addictions will be discussed that clients can use during this unprecedented time.
Who Should Attend?:
• Physicians, Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Therapists
• Social Workers & Allied Professional Staff in Psychiatric settings
• Primary Care Physicians & Nurses; MH Staff in Community Settings
• Intake & Frontline Staff; Mental Health Managers and Educators
• Mental Health Nurses and Staff in Correctional & Forensic Settings
• Mental Health Staff in Adolescent Settings
Sarah Allen Benton, MS, LMHC, LPC, AADC
Sarah Allen Benton is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Co-Owner of Benton Behavioral Health Consulting, LLC. She is currently the Director of Clinical Services at Aware Recovery Care home-based addiction treatment in North Haven, CT and Clinical Consultant for The Strathmore House transitional sober living for men in Boston, MA. She worked previously as an outpatient therapist specializing in addiction treatment at Insight Counseling in Ridgefield, CT; Turnbridge young adult male addiction treatment in New Haven, CT; and at McLean Hospital at McLean Brook transitional living program for dual diagnosis in Belmont, MA. She is author of the book, “Understanding the High-Functioning Alcoholic” and has been featured frequently in the media including the NY Times and has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, The CBS Early Show, NPR and is a blogger for PsychologyToday.com. She has been in long-term recovery since 2004.